Art Research PHAROS
- The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
- Yale Center for British Art
- Getty Research Institute
- Deutsches Dokumentationszentrum für Kunstgeschichte – Bildarchiv Foto Marburg
- Bibliotheca Hertziana Max-Planck-Institut für Kunstgeschichte
- Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz
- Paul Mellon Center for Studies in British Art
- National Gallery of Arts
- Federico Zeri Foundation
- Frick Art Reference Library
On-going since 2020
The PHAROS ArtResearch project resulted from the modern need for providing rich visual and textual material held in a database of historical photo archives, accessible to a global community of researchers. Photo archives have been transformed to crucial factors for students, and researchers of art history, curators, and dealers. Through digitisation, a large number of unpublished and unique archives opened up, giving access to large collections and creating connections between them. The PHAROS platform aims to become a springboard and produce a new reality regarding art research.
- Digitize the Existing Archives
- Data Analysis & Modeling
- Data Transforming & Reconciliation
- Data Transformation & Importing
Creation of a dynamic platform with more than 1613836 artworks, 2791368 photographs, 113041 artists and 7260 photographers that gives free access in a broad spectrum of field.
- Adding immeasurable value to research for a wide range of art-historical research topics.